At 4,600 feet, Bald mountain House is the perfect vacation getaway! Enjoy the refreshing breezes of the Smokey Mountains from the 85′ long covered porch, swim in the heated pool, serve up a rousing game of tennis, go horseback riding, or take a hike on our nature trail – all without leaving the resort property.
For those who are more adventurous, a two-mile hike on our nature trail connects to the Appalachian Trail up on top of Big Bald Mountain (elev. 5,516 ft.). With 360-degree views of three states, this is a breathtaking spot for a picnic.
Just south of The Bald Mountain House is Asheville, an exciting and cultured city. Local musicians and artisans thrive in this diverse metropolis, offering an exciting array of shops, galleries, restaurants, bars, and sightseeing opportunities. Whatever you’re into, you can find it in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Hot Springs – A resort and spa featuring water heated deep within the earth. The crystal clear carbonated waters are famous for their mineral content and legendary healing powers.
- Wolf Laurel Ski Area – Located inside the gate and less than five minutes from The Bald Mountain House, is the destination for snow skiing and snowboarding.
- The Biltmore Estate – Built in 1895, this world-famous, beautifully restored historic home of the Vanderbilt family is open for tours and sightseeing.
- The Grove Park Inn – This historic Asheville inn features a full-service luxury spa, automotive museum, winery, and two upscale dining choices.
- French Broad Rafting Company – Whether it’s adventure and excitement of whitewater rafting, or the ease and relaxation of a calm water trip, this is the professional rafting outfitter for you!
- Jack of the Wood – This cozy, downtown Asheville Celtic-style pub features selections from local microbreweries as well as live entertainment.
- Explore Asheville – Located in the heart of the Appalachians and close to The Bald Mountain House, this off-beat and eclectic town has local art galleries, dining, and sightseeing. This site features current happenings in Asheville.
- Bristol Motor Speedway – This racing track hosts the NASCAR Winston Cup, Busch, All Pro and Dash series.